Sport Punk: The Route to Fitness is Not a Race
Getting fit is a lifestyle change to live a better life today, tomorrow, and the future.
Okay, hands up who’s joined a gym and either gave up within weeks or worse still you’re paying for your membership and never go?
At the heart of the false starts is the feeling that you’re in a race.
The race to get beach ready.
The race to fit into that outfit for the big occasion.
Stop right there!
Getting fit is a lifestyle decision and as such is a marathon, not a sprint.
Here are our top 5 tips to keep you on track and make the most of your gym time:
1. Training Plan: Set yourself an achievable plan. Your route to a healthy lifestyle is about mind and body. Setting yourself achievable goals that escalate over the weeks will see you stick to the plan.
2. Track Your Progress: Available today are many Apps and gadgets that’ll help you monitor your progress. The importance of being on YOU as it’s not about what the others are doing in the gym.
3. Find the Best Program for You: The best fitness programs are those design for you and your needs. General classes can play a part, but the best exercise is one that works for you.
4. Quality Rather Than Quantity: Remember, it’s not just how many of the activity you do, but the quality of it. We’ve all seen the person who can do a zillion press ups that don’t quite meet the standard.
5. Feed the Mind as Well as the Body: It’s said that ‘Abs are made in the kitchen!’. But healthy eating also helps fuel a positive mindset as well as improving stamina and muscle recovery.
Let us know how you get on with our tips and your progress via:
Twitter – @Sport_Punk